Gamblin Paint Company - Free Lecture
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials
90 minute Lecture & Demonstration will cover the following:
- Artist's Oil Colours - Gamblin's approach to colour making
- Color Theory - 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensional Color Space
- Color Mixing - Navigating Color Space: Gamblin's practical approach to color mixing
- Mineral vs Modern Pigments - How to create a personalized palette of colours
- Indirect vs Direct Techniques - Historical application of opaque and transparent colours
- FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colours - Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colours
- Galkyd Painting Mediums - Focus on working properties and choosing the right medium
- Building Permanent Paintings - Understanding Fat Over Lean approaches
- Supports, Sizing and Grounds - How they affect colour and permanence
- Studio Safety - How to create a safe studio environment using Gamsol OMS
- Gamvar Picture Varnish - Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surface quality
All attendees will receive FREE Gamblin Product & Literature Samples.
Since our founding, Gamblin Artists Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer and more permanent. Gamblin's dedication to today's oil painters extends beyond offering the finest possible materials – we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose those materials that best support their own artistic visions.
Our ongoing commitment to painters and Studio Safety has made us an industry leader. In collaboration with the National Gallery, we developed Gamvar, a revolutionary varnish that goes on water-clear, stays water-clear, and can be easily and safely removed at any time. Gamblin was also the first to develop Flake White Replacement, a color true to the properties of traditional Flake White - and completely free of lead. More recently, we introduced Neo Megilp, a contemporary version of a medium that was one of the Old Masters' best kept secrets.
About the Presenter:
Scott Gellatly is presently the Product Manager for Gamblin
Artists Colors. He consults with oil painters worldwide on
technical issues and is involved in developing and testing all of
Gamblin oil colors and mediums. Scott has given presentations on
oil painting materials throughout the U.S., Canada and Australia.
He holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Oregon
and has exhibited his paintings throughout the west coast. His
work can be seen at www.scottgellatly.com