Glass Services & Replacement
Framing glass is perhaps the most important, yet most overlooked of picture framing supplies. The glazing material is what protects the image from damage caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Without high quality framing glass or other glazing material, you image will soon fade and take on a “washed-out” appearance.
- Regular Glass - High-quality clear glass without UV protection.
- Reflection Controlled Glass - Reflection factor is 8.3% for singe sided etched reflection controlled glass - this glass reduces glare to less than 4 inches.
- UV Glass - Protects artwork by absorbing 97.3% of harmful UV light which can cause fading and other damage.
- UV Reflection Control Art Glass - Protects artwork by absorbing harmful UV lights and by reducing glare and reflections.
- Plexi and Acrylic Glass - lightweight.
Framing glass is the traditional material for glazing a framed artifact such as a painting or photograph. Swinton's offers quality glazing materials in your choice of acrylic or genuine glass. Despite its weight and relative fragility, many art lovers prefer the lustre and sheen of genuine glass. It is more scratch resistant than acrylic, and easy to polish when necessary. Contact Swinton's 403.258.3500 and we will take you through all the choices.