Drop-In Figure Drawing & Painting (Tuesdays)
INFORMATION: We alternate between traditional life drawing sessions with a nude model and vogue style figure painting sessions with a semi-nude or model in costume.
- Nude Model
- Begin with short poses suitable for gesture drawing and build up to longer poses in the second hour.
- Single light source.
- No instruction, peer review only.
- Wine is welcome.
- Semi-Nude or Costume
- Poses are usually about 20 minutes
- Multiple light sources.
- Some instruction or assistance available by Doug Swinton.
- Reference photographs available.*
- Wine is recommended :)
Price: $12 (drop-in) • Card of 10 sessions $100
Figure classes run weekly on Tuesdays 6-8pm.
- September 12 (life drawing • nude)
- September 19 (figure painting • semi-nude or costume)
- September 26 (life drawing • nude)
- October 3 (figure painting • semi-nude or costume)
- October 10 (life drawing • nude)
- October 17 (figure painting • semi-nude or costume)
- October 24 (life drawing • nude)
- October 31 (figure painting • semi-nude or costume)
- November 7 (life drawing • nude)
- November 14 (figure painting • semi-nude or costume)
Price: $12 (drop-in); Card of 10 sessions $100
Register for any session...HERE or below
Figure drawing has been the standard measurement of an artist's skills for hundreds of years. It is as important today as ever. It teaches good observation and accurate sketching.
The best way to learn how to draw anything is by observing and drawing human beings. If you know how to render the figure well, your skills at creating nonfigurative and even abstract art will be stronger. Life drawing teaches accuracy of observation and leads to the ability to draw or paint any subject.
The more you draw the figure the more you will develop the ability to communicate movement and personality. By using simple lines an artist should be able to give a figure a real sense of life and individuality. You will learn to draw three dimensionally and to make the figures feel like they exist in a real world.