Release the unlimited potential of your Copic or Prismacolor Markers!
Date: July 10th to 13th, 2017
1pm - 3:30pm daily
Age: 10 - 16
Learn how to utilize pen and art markers to enhance your drawings. Explore graffiti, fantasy, and tattoo inspired drawing styles in this popular medium. Emerging artists must bring their own set of art markers. Prismacolor and Copic suggested.
Art Instructor Bio - Ashley Gaboury BFA
Even before graduating with a BFA in Studio Arts in 2003 at The University of Lethbridge, Ashley Gaboury worked as an instructor at The Prairie Art Gallery in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Over the past fifteen years she established herself as a 2-dimensional art instructor, while simultaneously developing as a professional artist. She exudes enthusiasm and passion about drawing, and is continually pushing boundaries within her artwork. She creates in a myriad of mediums including watercolour pencils, alcohol-based markers, and acrylics.
The bulk of her work has spiritual undertones, often playing with the dualism of light and dark, and the dichotomy of good and evil.
For the past few years her artwork has evolved to reflect the dramatic impact humans have had on our surroundings, specifically, the domestication of Canis Lupus (wolves) into Canis Lupus Familiars (dogs). In order to better understand the instinctive behaviour patterns of dogs and wolves, she began a comprehensive study and collaboration with The Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary in Cochrane, Alberta. She creates drawings using watercolour pencil on canvas, with the intention of capturing their instinctual nature, curiosity, and stoicism. She sells fine art prints to raise funds and awareness for the sanctuary.
Ashley Gaboury - Artist Website
Supply List (DOWNLOAD PDF)
- Fine black permanent pen – Micron .03 suggested
- Pencil HB or B and sharpener
- White eraser
- 9” x 12” Marker paper or bristol board pad
- 12” Ruler
- White gel pen – Signo preferred
Artist quality alcohol-based markers (Prismacolor or Copic):
Artist quality markers include but are not limited to Prismacolor & Copic. (If you aren't sure if your markers are considered artist quality, please ask.) No sharpie markers please!
- Light Warm Gray Warm Gray 10 PB99 or Brick White E40 or Warm Gray 00 or 01
- Light Peach Pale Peach PB207or Pale Fruit Pink E000
- Light Brown Cinnamon Toast PB201 or Sand E33
- Light Blue Light Cerulean Blue PB48 or Frost Blue B00
- Medium Blue True Blue PB39 or Process Blue B05
- Yellow Canary Yellow PB19 or Lemon Yellow Y13 or Yellow Y06
- Orange Orange PB16 or Chrome Orange YR04
- Red Crimson Red PB4 or Lipstick Red R29
- Violet Violet PB60 or Violet V09
- Yellow Green Avocado PB192 or Chartreuse YG13 or Yellowish Green YG06
- *Medium Green Light Olive PB26 or Moss Green YG67
- *Warm Yellow Spanish Orange PB123 or Golden Yellow Y17
- *Red Orange Terra Cotta PB82 or YR27 Tuscan Orange
- *Light Violet Violet Mist PB60 or BV00 Mauve Shadow
- *Red Violet Tuscan Red PB169 or RV66 Raspberry
- *Brown Dark Brown PB88 or Burnt Sienna E09 or Leather E39
* Optional Markers
Note: If you choose to purchase a 12 set of primary and secondary colours you will want to supplement those colours with lighter versions in addition to a Light Peach and a Light Warm Gray. Please bring any other colours you would like to use. Try to bring a light and a medium in each colour, as well as bright colours to accentuate. It is not necessary to have the exact colours listed, as long as you have a good variety of colours to choose from.