Simple and effective approach to painting urban landscapes.
This Workshop is SOLD-OUT. Put your name on the Waitlist below or by calling the store 403.258.3500 or signup for NEWSLETTER to hear about the next one.
- May 27 & 28
The purpose of this workshop is to demonstrate a simple but effective approach to painting urban landscapes. The goal is to capture an impression of the subject and to capture it quickly, using big, bold washes. The emphasis is always on impression over detail. The motivation is to allow the painting to tell a story.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to create an exciting centre of interest using figures and cars
- How to create a strong composition and to use value and colour to direct the viewer’s eye to your centre of interest.
- You will also learn simple and fun ways to quickly create both figures and cars.
The workshop is structured so that no fancy drawing skills are required!
For many years I have concentrated on cityscapes. I paint them because I love the energy of cities and am continually fascinated by people. My goal is to capture the interactions between people and the places they live. I can often be found wandering the streets and alleys, sketchbook in hand, capturing those fleeting interactions of everyday life. I enjoy the challenge of drawing and painting the shapes of city life but I judge a work to be successful when it tells a compelling story that draws the viewer in.
- Online Registration
- In store: 7160 Fisher Street S.E. Calgary, AB
- By Phone: (403) 258-3500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org